Missisquoi County Historical Society Report 11 -13 indexes



Missisquoi County Historical Society Report 11

Missisquoi County Historical Society, Stanbridge East, Quebec, 1970.
Missisquoi County Historical Society report no. 11; 127 pages; illustrations; contents include:
* Activities of M.C.H.S. cemetery committee, 1966-69
* The Cornell Mill Museum, Stanbridge East *
The historic cannon at the museum
* Premier Bertrand inaugurates Cantic-Noyan bridge
* The orchards of Frelighsburg
* North Pinnacle * North Pinnacle cheese factory
* Dr. Gustave Gerin-Lajoie * Bedford
* Lambkin Furniture, Riceburg
* Emmerich-Emrick genealogy
*Cornell family
* The life history of Rev. Francis N. Jersey
* The first Sherrer in Canada, North Pinnacle
* Here and there in the county newspapers
* Missisquoi roads
* Notes on Sir John Johnson
* La seigneurie de Monnoir et ses seigneurs
* Charles Caleb Cotton, 1775-1848
* The Missisquoi County council
* Invitation to Guthrie
* !00th anniversary of last Fenian raid, May 25, 1870
* Typographical notes of the surveyor-general of Lower Canada, Joseph Bouchette, 1832
* Margaret Sanborn, artist and musician, 1861-1949; softcover; fine condition.


Report #12
TABLE OF CONTENTS

Forward 4
Dedication 5
Life Members 6
Curator’s Report 7
Presidents Letter 10
Hodge’s Store-Stanbridge East 15
Notre-Dame de Stanbridge East 19
The Jones-Their Name is Legion 26
Poem-Man the Hunter 37
St. Helen’s School- Dunham, P.Q 38
Lambkin’s Account Book 44
First Telephone in Cowansville 48
“Pencil Hill” –Stanbridge Ridge 49
Morgan’s Corner 50
Unveiling of Loyalist Plaque 56
Bishop Stuart Memorial Church 57
Waiting for the Spring 64
John Derick 65
General Gabriel Christie 67
“Along the Old Lanes” 76
60th Missisquoi Battalion 83
Songs of the French Canadians 89
Family Names 91
Frelighsburg Custom’s Book 93
Letter of Rev. Caleb Cotton 95
Montgomery Papers 100
Rambling Along Corey neighborhood 108
Biography of Hon. Phillip Moore 122
DesRivieres 125
Memories of Sweetsburg 130
Bedford Poetry 132
Notary L. Chaboillez Deeds 134
North Pinnacle 137
Anniversary of Bedford Anglican Church 161
Rosenberg 163
Anniversary ot Bedford United Church 173
A Faithful Loyalist 175
Riceburg 178
Mystic 183
School Ledger-Pike River 191
Stanbury 193
Acknowledgments 199

Report 13
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Forward
Dedication
Honorary life Members
Curator’s Report 7
1973 Operation Library 9
The Waterwheel 10
Christ Church, Sweetsburg, 1974 12
Talk by Mrs. C, Richard and Excerpts from James Pimmerman’s Diary 15
“Museum Piece” 22
Extrait d’un Historique de la Societe d’Agriculture 23
Eastern Townships Eulogies 32
Stanbridge Temperance Society 33
Cowansville Landmark 36
Along the Old Lanes 38
S. J. Hungerford 54
George Stephan Family Letters 56
Stanbridge East Locals, 1902 59
William Saxe, the Loyalist Survivor 60
Missisquoi 61
The Bishop’s Bell 62
Public Meeting 68
Bedford Light Company 69
Bee-keeping in Quebec 70
Letters of the Rev. C. Cotton 71
Bedford Stove Company 75
Origin of Certain Missisquoi County Districts 76
The Missisquoi County Historical Society 77
Copy of Deed for Chapel site at Sagerfield (Pigeon Hill) 78
Pigeon Hill 80
“Too long” 80
Philipsburg-Gateway to the Eastern Townships 81
Bedford Business Men 85
The Block House 86
Unveiling of the Monument 89
Poem 90
The Ploss Cemetery 81
North Pinnacle 92
Miscellaneous Information 97
How the first MacCallums came to Caldwell Manor (Noyan) 103
Spring Flood. 1904 105
Honorable Frank Cochrane 106
Social Ball 108
Gleanings from the Philip Ruiter Papers, Philipsburg 109
Hancock Hill 111
Can You Remember 113
Bedford Academy School Supplies 114
Talk Given by Mr. C. O. Jones, Sr., in 1905 116
Early History, Farnham 119
Clarenceville Academy 129
Terrain de l’Exposition 130
1974 Missisquoi County Historical Society Executive 132
Acknowledgements 133
Price List 133